Every year we produce a series of inspirational guides showcasing York.
We take great pride in their quality and content. By using our guides visitors can enjoy the very best experience when they are here.
With distribution running into millions of copies, and discounted rates for Visit York members, you can benefit from good value advertising opportunities that are not to be missed.
The York Summer Guide promotes York as the perfect summer destination. Profiling attractions, activities and world class events and festivals happening across the city, May to September. The guide includes features on gardens and exploring a little further across the wider region. The publication targets visitors planning a day trip to the city and for those who are looking for activities to fill a longer stay.
30,000 copies of the Summer Guide are being distributed via the following channels:
- Visitor and Tourist Information Centres
- Key attractions and venues across the city and region
- Park and Ride buses and sites
- York hotels and guest houses
- Tour and Coach Operators
If you would like to include a copy of the York Summer Guide on your own website - please use the following link.
The York Visitor Guide has one very clear aim: to inspire and encourage people from outside of York to come and visit this beautiful city and explore the rest of Yorkshire. As people across the UK decide where to go for their leisure time and their weekend breaks, this magazine will put York and the wider region at the forefront of their minds and stimulate them to choose this city above all others.
Don’t miss out on the chance to showcase your business and your plans for the year ahead – book your space in the guide now!
What you need to know:
- 100,000 copies distributed across the UK via VICs, direct mail, exhibitions, key motorway service stations and businesses across York and the wider Yorkshire region.
- Strong online presence on visityork.org with 120,000 impressions pa, reaching a global audience in countries such as Australia, USA, and China.
- Advertising rates held at 2019 prices.
- Distribution will start at the beginning of January 2020.
Display advert or classified listing?
We offer four size options for your formatted adverts, full, half, quarter or 1/10 listing. Alternatively you can submit your own designed artwork at either full, half or quarter page sizes. The prices are listed on the rate card below.
Consider booking an editorial feature – for maximum coverage
The editorial pages give you more freedom and more space to share your messages and eye catching photography. You can submit up to 300 words and 4 images. Editorial can either be booked as a full page or double page spread.
If you book a display advert or classified listing you can receive a discounted rate on an advertorial. For more information contact Faye Rhodes directly at email@example.com.
One of the UK's most popular city guides, the York Mini Guide has proved itself to be a superb marketing tool for everyone who advertises in it.
Such is the demand for this annual publication - particularly by the Park and Ride buses - that we print approximately one million copies every year ready for the Easter holidays.
You can view last year's Mini Guide for info and inspiration here.
Be sure to book your spot in the York Mini Guide by 31 January 2020.
The York Mini Guide is York’s most-read visitor publication. It is designed to be the essential guide and handy directory for visitors while they are in the city.
The York Mini Guide 2019/20 had a print run of one million copies. It was the most ordered publication through Info Display, the region’s leading print distribution company, meaning that more visitors than ever before have seen what the city has to offer.
Entries, which include attractions, tours, shops and eateries, appear in a set format with display advertisements available for full pages. Discount vouchers are encouraged as these attract customers and allow you to assess the effectiveness of the guide.
This year the Mini Guide is being distributed to:
• 250,000 to be distributed across all six Park & Ride sites
• 450,000 locally via the Visit York Information Centre as well as to York hotels, B&Bs, libraries, visitor attractions, universities and other businesses and organisations
• 300,000 throughout Yorkshire to accommodation providers, tourist information centres, P&O Ferries and major regional visitor attractions.
• The York Mini Guide is also published online at www.visityork.org
Interested in advertising in the 2020/21 Mini Guide? Please contact Sue Frumin, Membership Engagement Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Taste York is the ultimate eateries directory. From delectable delis to first-rate restaurants, this is an at-a-glance guide designed to whet the appetite. Taste York is compiled from the ‘Where to Eat’ section in the York Visitor Guide – so if you have advertised there, you get extra exposure in this publication for free!
• A round-up of York’s restaurants and bars, cafés and bistros, and real ale pubs plus food festivals, with an overview of what each eatery serves up.
• Opening times and contact details.
• Brief information about venues’ accessibility levels.
The leaflets are distributed at:
• Visit York’s Information Centre at 1 Museum Street.
• Eateries throughout York and beyond.
• Direct mail-outs.
For further information about advertising in the Taste section of the Visitor Guide, please call Sue Frumin, Membership Engagement Manager on 01904 554437 or email email@example.com
The Visit York Christmas Guide is the official guide for all that happens in the city and surrounding area over the festive season. It offers information on Christmas markets, events, festivals, shopping, travel and parking and is a key reference for coach operators, visitors and residents in the run up to Christmas.
Secure your space today! Download the Christmas Guide booking form here or contact Faye Rhodes on 01904 554620.
Read the 2019 York Christmas guide here
We print a minimum of 50,000 copies of the York Christmas Guide every year, which is distributed via:
• Tour and Coach Operators
• Visitor and Tourist Information Centres
• Key attractions and venues across the city and region
• Park and Ride buses and sites
• York hotels and guest houses
• Festive markets and at the Living North Christmas Fair in York and Newcastle
The digital edition of the 2018 guide is also available here.
The Visit York Conference and Events guide showcases York as an innovative conference destination; old meets new in York’s cosmopolitan centre where ancient medieval architecture and contemporary culture come together with modern developments to provide inspiring possibilities for business events.
Typically, business event visitors to York spends twice as much per trip than leisure visitors, address seasonality and offer enormous potential for return leisure visits. In 2017, business tourism generated an estimated 15,400 business events in York. These were attended by 730k business event visitors who accounted for an estimated spend of £124.4m at venues and in the local destination, offering huge earning potential to tourism businesses in the city.
The Conference Guide is a fantastic way to promote your organisation to the business tourism industry and offers enormous potential in generating additional income.
• Hotels, Unique and Historic Venues, Academic Venues and Support Service Providers
• Everything York and the surrounding area has to offer as a conference and events destination
• Maps and information highlighting the region’s accessibility from across the UK and Europe
• York’s Corporate Hospitality, Team Building and Incentive Travel offering
4,000 copies will be distributed and promoted through the following channels:
• Principal UK conference trade exhibitions
• Direct mail promoting York as a conference destination to our dedicated database of conference organisers. This will include the corporate and associations’ sectors as well as intermediaries
• In response to enquiries generated through VisitYork4Meetings enquiry channels and as fulfilment for other specific promotional activities undertaken
• A downloadable e-brochure version will also be available on www.visityork.org/conference and via social media channels.