International Campaign - North America
- The USA is Britain’s largest source market for both visits and spend
- The USA is York’s top source market and has been for more than 10 years (15% of all overseas visitors)
- Almost six out of ten American holiday makers are making a repeat trip to Britain
- New York and California are the States that generate the most visits to Britain, representing over a third of all visits from the US to the UK.
- Americans rate Britain highly for vibrant city life as well as contemporary culture and historic buildings
- Museums is the cultural product that is most strongly associated with Britain among Americans
- Americans will want to stay in a 3-star plus property in a good/central location
- Average length of stay in the UK is 7.5 nights
We are currently investigating options for targeting the US travel tarde including information on a new VB virtual trade event.
Discover England Fund (DEF):
Work continues on 2 of the major DEF projects we’ve been involved in whilst we wait for news on potential DEF 2 monies going forwards.
England Originals and Manchester International Gateway to the North
Editorial/ trade content:
- Reach the trade and agents through your venue being featured in a series of e-newsletters written by Paull Tickner who has 30+ years proven track record of reaching the North American market. You will have the opportunity to supply copy direct to Paull for inclusion:
- Weekly “Inside Track” newsletter to 1,300 hand-picked, very experienced travel agents. The Unique Opening Rate on the current list is just over 20%.
- 12 editorials from the “Inside Track” will be added to the Ensemble Travel Group's extranet which means it will be available to 6,500 high quality US travel agents.
- June and October York exclusive Britain Insider columns in the 75,000 circulation Travel Pulse
- Ensuring that York is the lead destination in Virgin Atlantic’s Manchester Gateway promotion. York’s inclusion in the Travel Report, Travel Research Online, Travel Agent Professional and other trade e-publications.
Wheel of Fortune USA filming in York this September
Wheel of Fortune (WOF) is the hit US game show (enjoyed every week by 40 Million Plus viewers) where participants can win money, gifts and foreign holidays. The aim of the promotional trailers, which in part are being sponsored by the travel company Collette (Collette is a global leader of world travel and escorted tours www.gocollette.com ), is to promote Wheel of Fortune, Collette and the United Kingdom as a beautiful, culturally rich and historic holiday destination.
In the scenes Wheel of Fortune plan to film we see the shows presenters (Vanna White and Pat Sajak) standing in the foreground talking about York at key locations
VisitBritain trade e-newsletters:
VB has regular trade e-newsletters. Make sure your content is being pushed to the right operators. We will be feeding through stories and articles on a regular basis.
VY’s own English speaking database now stands at 423 contacts and we will be delivering 2 x dedicated e-newsletters per annum. (current open rate 23%). 323 of those contacts are from North America.
For more information on our marketing activity in North America, contact Elaine Moss, Trade Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01904 554471.