Our digital team is dedicated to marketing York through visityork.org, as well as promoting York and North Yorkshire through creative social media.
You’ll find yourself on our shiny new tourism website – we’re really excited about all the new changes and truly believe it will help York stay ahead of our competitors enabling us to provide a first class digital experience for every single visitor.
As a Visit York member you stand to benefit from a whole host of digital opportunities, as well as getting preferential rates on additional opportunities available for your business.
Visit York has a dedicated digital marketing team ready to promote your business or event. The new Visit York website attracts over 1 million visitors a year and Visit York’s Social Media channels are followed by over 78,000 people, making Visit York the perfect platform to promote your business or event to visitors and residents of York.
Below are just some of the Digital Marketing Opportunities available at Visit York, starting from just £125 a month:
- Web Advertising
- Social Media Advertising
To find out more and book an advert contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 558750.
Our consumer eNewsletter is sent out monthly to a database of 25,000 contacts.
Our database is made of individuals who have shown an active interest in visiting York and receiving regular communications about the city and what is has to offer.
This is a prime opportunity to put your business in front of an enthusiastic and engaged audience.
We have two newsletter options available, with preferential rates for Visit York members:
- Book one of our exclusive newsletter slots, with a single e-communication dedicated solely to your business. You have the option to target our full database or geo-target depending on your desired audience.
- Include a prominent feature article or advert within our regular monthly consumer eNews
See the Digital rate card for more
Seven days in York
Promoting your events to York Residents
We issue a weekly What’s On eNewsletter ‘7 Days in York’ which reaches an estimated 50,000 residents (14,000 subscriptions and additional reach via social media and online). Be sure to get involved and make sure your events are all listed online at visityork.org
Aimed primarily at residents this eNewsletter is designed to increase local participation in everything going on in and around York from events and festivals to exhibitions or live music.
How to get listed?
For your chance to take part please also ensure your event is uploaded via visityork.org in advance – please do this as far in advance as possible. The longer the lead time, the longer your news will be available to view on Visit York. Simply login to your account and update your details.
- Every Monday we discuss the key news/events for the following week and choose the top six stories to feature in the newsletter.
- You can also share your top tips for the week by tweeting our consumer Twitter channel @visityork using #7DaysinYork.
7 Days is also a great guide to share with your guests and visitors too, giving them a timely insight into what’s happening around the city in the time they are visiting you.
7 Days in York can also be forwarded, uploaded to your website and staff intranet, or embedded within any of your own e-communications.
Web Ticket Manager
Sell your tickets online through visityork.org
Through a partnership with Web Ticket Manager, Visit York members can sell their tickets online through www.visityork.org
The online ticketing platform will offer a considerable added benefit to both web visitors and attraction and event partners. Visitors will have the option to book tickets online, as well as offering you the opportunity to expand your audience and sell your tickets to the 130,000 users of www.visityork.org each month.
The new platform can be used by attractions, event organisers and tour guides.
A key draw of the software is that there are no additional 'hidden' fees to the visitor in terms of booking or credit card fees. The benefits to you, if you opt to utilise the software, include:
• No setup fee or minimum contract period
• A competitive commission rate on tickets sold via www.visityork.org
• Complete control over your ticketing and prices through a dedicated admin area
• Weekly payment of income from any sales generated through www.visityork.org
• Benefit of the huge reach online of www.visityork.org, including powerful search engine rankings for keywords relevant to attractions, what’s on and things to do, some of the biggest drivers of traffic to www.visityork.org.
How do I sign up?