The Rugby League World Cup is coming to York in 2021
The Rugby League World Cup is coming to York in 2021. The event of this global scale is an incredible opportunity for the city and the businesses in York to showcase themselves on an international scale.
Apart from hosting Men’s, Women’s and Wheelchair matches at the new LNER Community Stadium, York is also one of the nation’s host cities welcoming the men’s New Zealand and women’s Australia, New Zealand, France and Cook Islands team to stay and train here for the duration of the tournament.
York will be hosting eight fixtures at the LNER Community Stadium, all in the women's tournament, starting off with New Zealand vs France.
The full fixture list for York is as follows:
- New Zealand vs France (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Wednesday 10th November) - 17.00pm
- Australia vs Cook Islands (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Wednesday 10th November) - 19.30pm
- New Zealand vs Cook Islands (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Sunday 14th November) - 17.00pm
- Australia vs France (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Sunday 14th November) - 19.30pm
- France vs Cook Islands (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Thursday 18th November) - 17.00pm
- Australia vs New Zealand (women's) - LNER Community Stadium (Thursday 18th November) - 19.30pm
- Women's Semi-Final (Teams TBC) - LNER Community Stadium (Monday 22nd November) - 17.00pm
- Women's Semi-Final (Teams TBC) - LNER Community Stadium (Monday 22nd November) - 19.30pm
York will also be the team training base for New Zealand's men and women's team, as well as the women's sides from Australia, France and Cook Islands.
Tickets for York fixtures are ON SALE NOW - www.rlwc2021.com/tickets
Across the city, partners have been working with the Rugby League World Cup team to bring the event to York – including City of York Council, York City Knights, Make It York, GLL, York St John University, University of York and Queen Ethelberga’s – with the games set to be held at the new LNER community stadium.
Celebrating 100 Days to Go
To mark the 100-day countdown to the opening match of the tournament between hosts England and Samoa at St James’ Park, Newcastle, all remaining tickets will go on sale at 10am BST on Thursday 15 July via rlwc2021.com/tickets
We will also be running a special competition to give away 100 tickets to York matches from today! Find out more here: www.visityork.org/rlwc2021
How can you support the event now?
- Share, like and engage with the tickets sales announcement on your social media channels by sharing messages from @VisitYork and @VisitYorkBiz channels on Twitter.
- Tag @RLWC2021 and use the hashtag #PowerOfTogether and #Squads Assemble on social media to create a buzz about the event and the opportunities it brings to York.
Rugby League World Cup TXGB
Rugby League World Cup 2021. Get involved. Boost sales.
The Rugby League World Cup 2021 (RLWC2021) is coming to York and the organisers are offering all local accommodation, attractions, and activities the opportunity to sell their products via the official RLWC2021 Squad Trips online platform. This means that your product will be sold alongside match tickets, boosting the volume and value of visits to the region, and boosting sales for you.
RLWC2021 is working with TXGB to make this booking functionality possible. You just need to connect to Tourism Exchange GB (TXGB) - a B2B platform developed in partnership with VisitEngland – to benefit from this fantastic exposure and a low commission booking channel.
How do I get involved?
It’s easy to connect to Tourism Exchange GB (TXGB) and get your product in front of the thousands of fans booking tickets for RLWC2021 matches.
- Connect your business to Tourism Exchange GB (TXGB) – the digital platform which powers the booking functionality for RLWC2021 Squad Trips
- Opt in to the RLWC2021 distribution channel
- Start taking bookings on RLWC2021.com
What is the cost to me?
There is no cost to join TXGB. You pay 7.5% commission to RLWC2021, and a 2.5% booking fee to TXGB, each time a booking is made. You will receive customer payment immediately at time of booking.
When does RLWC2021 take place?
23rd October – 27th November 2021. The matches in York take place on 10,14,18 and 22 November.
Where will my product be featured?
York will have a dedicated location-based page on RWLC2021.com where bookings can be made. There is also a Squad Trips page on RLWC2021.com which will feature all locations, as the offer is developed further.
Where can I find out more information?
Visit TXGB.co.uk to find out more and start your connection.
To find out more about Rugby League World Cup 2021 visit RLWC2021.com