North York Moors Campaign
Driving two-centre breaks to York and its neighbouring National Park is at the heart of this campaign, encouraging visitors to stay two nights in York and two nights in the North York Moors.
Following on from the success of the 2019 campaign Visit York will continue to work in partnership with the North York Moors National Park Authority, to deliver a whole host of marketing activity starting with a 3 week campaign on Classic FM North and London area from 13 January 2020.
2020 'two centre break' campaign
In partnership with the North York Moors National Park, we’re targeting the South East of England encouraging visitors to discover York and explore the North York Moors National Park. The two centre break message will push for longer stays in the city using York as a base. Campaign activity includes promotion across the Classic FM and Conde Nast Traveller online platforms and outdoor advertising on the London Underground. A new campaign video will be showcased on the All4 online hub.
Round up of 2019 activity:
- Promotional radio activity with Classic FM - over 100,00 impressions to date
- Out of home advertising in key railway routes in the North
- Campaign with the Telegraph – ran from 2 April promoting Spring in York and the North York Moors. A series of online feature articles, new vertical videos for Facebook and Instagram and DPS spreads with an online competition which ran until 31 August 2019
- 19,238 competition entries
- 7,720 opt in records
- 45,735 page views
- 2.08 dwell time
- New campaign pages in the Beyond York section of visityork.org
- A new campaign presence on TripAdvisor, the world's largest online travel review site - to date this has given better quality traffic and a 30% increase in bookings based on conversation rate
- Social media activity - over 60,000 people have been reached to date through the Visit York social media channels
- New two-centre break itineraries
- Promotion of the York Pass*
*Eighteen North Yorkshire attractions are now included in the York Pass, the city's sightseeing card, which means once purchased, visitors can explore more of what's on York's doorstep.
How to benefit?
Make sure your business details are fully up to date on Visit York, including your availability, latest offers, news, opening times and events.
For more information on the North York Moors campaign:
Contact Michelle Brown, Leisure Marketing Manager, Tel: 01904 554456 email: email@example.com