Our new #LoveYork Campaign – how you can get involved:
Our new celebratory #LoveYork campaign has now been launched to champion the city’s unique offer and promote our member businesses. The campaign includes a number of new initiatives, competitions and awards designed to engage residents, businesses and virtual ‘visitors’ to the city during lockdown and beyond.
We’d love you to get involved and have outlined below some of the ways you can engage with the campaign and gain additional exposure for your business:
- Promote your products, online delivery and gift voucher options on our new #LoveYork virtual market – free for all members, our new virtual market is open to any business offering online products and experiences – including gift vouchers, food/drink and retail offers. Submit your details here to be included.
- Nominate your business for our #LoveYork Awards – this is a brand new, fun and inclusive social media initiative developed to celebrate our amazing Visit York members. The awards will be held in the format of “people’s choice” with York residents and visitors able to vote for their favourites in each of the 11 award categories. For more information about the awards please check our dedicated webpage. To submit your nominations – please fill in the #LoveYork Awards category nomination form before 12pm on Thursday 21st Jan.
- Include your content on our #KidsLoveYork hub – we’ve launched a new hub for children and parents to help keep families entertained during lockdown. Filled with fun activities, crafts and recipes from organisations across the city, if you have some family-friendly content or videos we can add let us know here.
- Keep us updated with your news – our PR team are collating seasonal content for Valentine’s Day, Half Term, Easter and beyond! If you have any virtual events, classes or offers which we can include do send us your press releases/info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share your #LoveYork content on social with our new member toolkit – we’d love to hear why you #LoveYork to help us inspire visitors to come to the city when it’s safe to do so and keep our city front of mind. Downloadable assets are available here for you to use on your channels.
Where will we be promoting our #LoveYork campaign?
By getting involved in our campaign, your business will benefit from our ongoing marketing and communications activity which will aim to drive traffic to these pages, engage with visitors and residents on social media and secure press coverage.
This will include:
- Weekly posts across our social media channels – with a combined following of over 140,000 and an average monthly reach of 1.48 million, we will be promoting #LoveYork and our new landing page hubs daily on these channels
- Inclusions in our weekly ‘7 days in York’ newsletter, our monthly consumer e-news and our weekly Make It York newsletter. The combined audience for this is over 29,000.
- PR activity – our PR team outreach to a wide range of national, local and regional media with our #LoveYork launch already featuring in York Press, York Mix, BBC Radio York and York Mix Radio this week.
- Across our website – we have over 14,000 (last 12 month average) visitors to the home page each month and #LoveYork and our campaign pages have high levels of exposure on these pages.
If you have any questions about the campaign please do get in touch with us on email@example.com