Visit York Tourism Conference
VYCON22: Tourism in a post-pandemic world
What kind of tourism do we want for the future? How can we get more from York's visitor economy and ensure we create value for the city? What does the future of international tourism look like?
See our re-cap of VYCON22 to explore how we can work together to take advantage of opportunities for our city in a post-pandemic world:
Let us Know Your Feedback
Hosted by BBC Look North & BBC Radio York Presenter Clare Frisby and an introduction from Sarah Loftus, the newly appointed Managing Director of Make It York, this year's speaker line-up included:
• Signe Jungersted and Peter Rømer Hansen, Founding Partners of Group NAO
• Richard Nicholls, Head of Research and Forecasting at Visit Britain
• Aileen Crawford, Head of Tourism & Conventions at Glasgow Convention Bureau
A panel of tourism businesses also shared their vision for the visitor economy and how we take a more holistic approach to York as a destination:
• Abbi Ollive, Head of Marketing and Sales at Castle Howard
• Andrew Lowson, Executive Director at York BID
• Rebecca Hill, Managing Director at Galtres Lodge
• Kate McFerran, Communications Director at LNER
Speaker Presentations & Group NAO report
How we can “build back better” post-pandemic and ensure our tourism industry creates value for the city beyond the typical metrics of growth in visitor numbers and visitor spend. Read the in-depth Group NAO report exploring the opportunities for York’s visitor economy.
The latest insights and market trends from Visit Britain on the return of international tourism.
Learn more from Glasgow Convention Bureau on how business tourism can take the lead on a city’s sustainability strategy.