Come and join us on this inspiring photography walk, with professional photographer Paula Duck. Our photo walks combine an opportunity to capture and explore York’s famous Shambles, street life and people alongside photography tuition. Street photography is all about capturing “a decisive moment” the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A street performer perhaps or busker entertaining the crowd, A couple embracing. Whether you want to just learn the basics, or improve your photography skills the walk will have top tips for all abilities. Bring any camera whether it is a DSLR, Point and shoot, mobile or tablet camera. BOOK HERE
route around the city streets:
We start our street photography walk in Kings Square and have a wonder down York’s most famous street The Shambles, we continuing back to Parliament street and stop and stroll through The Shambles Market along onto Swinegate, then to Stonegate.
Find out more on York Photo Walks
Kings Square and The Shambles Photo Walk take place every Tuesday and Saturday at 10.00am, we meet at Kings Square
The walk takes approximately 1 hour
Our cost per adult is £ 20.00
Our cost Under 16's £10.00
5’s go free
On my walks the numbers are restricted, so that I can accommodate everyone’s needs and questions along the way. Family groups welcome.
On these walks you will:
to get more creative with your images,
• Learn about composition and framing your subjects
• How to get the most out of the available light
• Learn how to get the best angles of view
• Help with camera settings
• Lots of encouragement and expert advice
Benefits of a Photo walk:
• Feel more confident when out and about with your camera
• Helps to spark your creativity and imagination
• Meet people with a passion for photography.
• Share and learn with other people.
• Great for your mental health
• Provides a mindful experience.
Free Photography Top tips guide
Please can you provide your phone number in case we have to cancel or reschedule due to adverse weather. We will not use this for any other purposes. BOOK HERE
York Photo Walks Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday 9:00am until 6:00pm