GUIDED DISTILLERY TOUR
1pm and 3.30pm every Saturday, duration 1 hour 15 minutes @ £12.50pp
Join us for a guided tour of England’s only self-built whisky and gin distillery, situated in picturesque countryside 10 miles north of York.
Discover the adventurous story behind the distillery and understand how our sustainable spirits are made. We’ll introduce you to state-of-the-art vacuum gin distillation and the wonderful Tasmanian copper pot whisky still – the only one of its kind in the Northern Hemisphere. Finally, enjoy a full guided tasting session in the cosy tasting room and shop.
Drivers will be offered a complimentary sample to take away and enjoy at home. You can find a location map here and the onsite Airbnb here.
Alternatively purchase a distillery tour as a gift or enjoy a Home Tasting Experience.
Tours are currently limited to 8 people and carried out in accordance with the latest Government guidance in response to Covid-19. Please check your booking confirmation email for details.
- Over 18’s only. You may be asked to provide ID if you look under 25.
- Booking is essential as tour places are limited.
- Flat shoes must be worn and warm layers are recommended between October-April.
- The site is wheelchair-accessible in all areas apart from inside the cask warehouse (you can still view the casks and engage with the tour guide). The majority of the tour is standing, but chairs are available on request.
- Taxis - we strongly advise pre-booking taxis due to our rural location.
- York taxis: Fleetways 01904 365365, York Cars 01904 765765, Getaway Cars 01904 707070.
- Local taxis: Clive Pittham 07973 119574, Sheriff Hutton Private Hire 07824 318105, First Choice 07710 832175.
Cooper King Distillery Opening Hours
12-6pm every Saturday