Our Chocolate Tempering Masterclass at York Cocoa Works is perfect for a chocolate enthusiasts who want to learn the skills and techniques to master working with chocolate
The science behind chocolate tempering can at times be overwhelming however it is an essential component to being able to master chocolate. We’ll be exploring the process and the different techniques that can be used to effectively temper chocolate.
This workshop is part of our Chocolate Master Class Series, it can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a series of classes. Previous knowledge will not be necessary so it's a perfect introduction to the mechanics of working with chocolate, especially for any cake maker that wants to understand more about how chocolate works.
During the workshop you will:
- Learn how to master 3 different tempering methods - slab tempering, seed tempering and our own hair dryer method.
- By the end of the workshop you will be able to recognise and correct bloom and crystallisation errors.
- You should be able to identify ways to effectively manage your environment to achieve perfectly tempered chocolate.
- You will make a variety of chocolate products, including bars, shells and crystallised couverture for you to take home and work with.
- You will beautifully wrap your creations to take home and enjoy
- Go home with recipes and your newly found chocolate knowledge
What will you take away with you?
Each participant will take home approximately 500g of your own chocolate creations as well as the recipes to be able to make your own at home.
Who is it suitable for?
Perfect for chocolate lovers of all ages and abilities who want to learn more of the secrets to create their own gorgeous chocolates at home.Please note that we recommend that children under 12 years accompanied by a full paying adult participant.
Special Dietary Requirements:
We can cater for gluten free, nut free and dairy free diets. If you have any requirements or allergies please let our team know prior to your visit so we can ensure you have suitable alternatives.
Adults - £55
Children - £35
York Cocoa Works Opening Hours
Open Daily 9.00am - 5.30pm, 7 days a week.