Chocolate Explorers Masterclass Day
One of our expert chocolate makers will start the day by sharing the secrets of our cocoa and how we transform it into chocolate. You will discover our origins and learn the rich history of chocolate making in York before taking a peek into our manufactory and watching our chocolate being made. We will then conduct a special tasting where you will sample the chocolate we make from cocoa beans all around the world, experiencing the different strengths and flavour notes in our range.
You will then go on to learn the full magic of working with chocolate from the raw bean itself to making actual chocolate. We’ll share with you the secrets of the chocolate making process, to creating a rich dark chocolate of your very own. Each participant will work with the base chocolate ingredients to make their own signature blended chocolate that they can take home to use in their own chocolate creations.
- Learn about our cocoa origins and how we make chocolate in our chocolate manufactory
- Enjoy a chocolate tasting experience with our chocolate connoisseur
- Learn how to develop flavours and qualities from each stage of the cocoa bean processing
- Learn how to combine ingredients to create desired chocolate recipes
- Make a personalised signature chocolate blend to your own recipe
- Learn how to master 3 different tempering methods - slab tempering, seed tempering and our own hair dryer method.
- By the end of the workshop you will be able to recognise and correct bloom and crystallisation errors.
- You should be able to identify ways to effectively manage your environment to achieve perfectly tempered chocolate.
- You will make a variety of chocolate products, including bars, shells and crystallised couverture for you to take home and work with.
- Beautifully package up your creations so you can enjoy them or re-use them at home in your own recipes
- Go home with recipes and your newly found chocolate knowledge
What do you take away with you?
Each participant will take home approximately 1kg of your own chocolate as well as the recipes and technical worksheets to be able to make your own and perfect your skills at home.
Who is it suitable for?
Perfect for chocolate lovers of all ages and abilities who want to learn more of the secrets to create their own gorgeous chocolates at home. Please note that we recommend that children under 12 years accompanied by a full paying adult participant
Special Dietary Requirements:
We can cater for gluten free, nut free and dairy free diets. If you have any requirements or allergies please let our team know prior to your visit so we can ensure you have suitable alternatives.
Adults - £155
Children - £125
York Cocoa Works Opening Hours
Open Daily 9.00am - 5.30pm, 7 days a week.