**As lockdown eases in England, York Mansion House will be reopening on Wednesday 19th May - we can't wait to welcome you soon!**
Each week from Wednesday to Sunday, pre-book your time slot, download our app, and be taken on an interactive journey through the secrets of the Mansion House. With visitor safety our priority, we have put a number of steps in place to ensure you feel welcome, safe and comfortable during your visit with us. Click here to find everything you need to know before visiting.
York Mansion House is the official residence of the Lord Mayor of York, positioned at the heart of city society and civic life for almost 300 years.
A masterpiece of 18th century architecture and a celebration of the city it inhabits, York Mansion House and its infamous residents have a colourful history, filled with scandal, decadence and outlandish feasting. Following extensive restoration, in 2018 the house opened to the public for the first time, allowing all to experience this extravagant mayoral life, and take an interactive walk through York’s Georgian past.
On all our tours, you will visit all four floors of this remarkable building. Following the sweeping staircase through the house, you will bypass the intimate Drawing Room flooded with light, galleries housing a the largest collection of civic silver outside London, and shadowy rooms filled with robes of Lord Mayors past and present. Moving downstairs, discover the working, historically recreated Georgian kitchen, complete with winding passages of pantries and store-cupboards.
From tours taking behind-the-scenes of the conservation work, to a deep dive into our unqiuely delicious feasting heritage, we have a fantastic programme of events throughout the year. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, or sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know what’s coming next.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to York Mansion House: the heart of scandalous city society for 300 years.
Reserve your time slot now, or pop in to check availability.
PLEASE NOTE: In line with the most recent government guidelines, we are restricting each time slot to up to 6 people or 2 households. There may be others in the house with you, but there is plenty of room for distancing. Don't forget your face covering!
- Disabled toilets
- Children welcome
- 1m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Time limited visits
- Facilities for educational visits
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours for groups
- Air conditioning
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Mobile phone coverage
- Sole use of venue
- Venue approved for civil marriage
- Wedding receptions
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Guided tours mandatory
- Passenger lift
- Groups welcome
- Coach parties accepted