Shopping, Independent, Online Shopping, Souvenirs & Gifts, Food & Drink, Things to Do, Eat & Drink, Gin, Cocktails & Wine
York Gin - 'History in the Tasting'
THE YORK GIN CITY CENTRE SHOP
Find us at 12 Pavement, YO1 9UP. Opposite M&S and Shambles.
Officially York's best shop, as winner of Retailer of the Year at Visit York Tourism Awards 2023 and Best Shop 2022
Open: 10.30am to 5.30pm every day.
- FREE tastings of our full range of six award-wining gins. (Our experts are famous for their knowledge and friendliness)
- Child and dog friendly. Lemonade and water available for them!
- The York Gin shop is in one of the city’s most iconic buildings - the beautiful 16th Century Sir Thomas Herbert’s House
- Retailer of the Year 2023, Shop of the Year, Visit York Tourism Awards 2022 & 2020. Silver medal, Independent Shopping Experience, #LoveYork Awards 2021
Gin Tasting Experiences
The hour-long gin tasting experience after hours in the York Gin shop is fun, fascinating and delicious.
Includes two full G&Ts, tasters of all six York Gins, tips on how to drink like a pro, and an entertaining and enthralling history of gin.
THE YORK GIN RAILWAY STATION SHOP
Open every day.
Find us just inside the grade 2-star rated Victorian building as you enter the main station entrance and just off Platform 3.
The shop provides a delightful welcome if you've just arrived in York and a beautiful final memory if you’re about to leave.
With gin and tonics that are perfect for your train trip and last-minute gifts to take home with you, this shop is a stylish and elegant space.
It celebrates world-class products that are actually made in York. As well as our gins, we sell a range of local beers, Yorkshire snacks and hand-made gifts.
Child and dog-friendly with expert staff who are famously friendly and always happy to help.
EVENTS: Cocktail Classes (Every Saturday, including Friday April 15th) - a delicious addition to your weekend - 19:00-21:00. More info and book
About our gins
- All our gins are hand-made using traditional methods in our sustainable York distillery - the only gins made in the city
- All our gins have won major awards at the world’s top spirits competitions - four have recently won golds
- All our bottles and packaging are plastic free and made using sustainable methods in Yorkshire
- We run on 100% green energy
York Gin London Dry
A classic dry gin – one of the smoothest and most balanced gins around. 'Perfect' - Great Taste Awards.
York Gin Outlaw Navy Strength
Strong 57% gin loved by whisky drinkers and lovers of stronger gin. Best English Navy, World Gin Awards 2021.
York Gin Old Tom
Experts say it is one of the world’s best. Collaboration with Michelin-starred Star Inn, Harome. Added Yorkshire herbs and flowers. Best English Old Tom, World Gin Awards 2020 & 2021.
York Gin Rhubarb
A rhubarb gin that celebrates this classic English flavour. Natural sugar syrup adds just the right level of sweetness, making this one of the best flavoured gins around.
York Gin Chocolate & Orange
Inspired by Terry's Chocolate Orange, this is a beautiful unsweetened dry gin. Gold at New York International Spirits Competition 2021.
York Gin Roman Fruit
A full-strength dry gin with strawberries, apples and hibiscus. ‘Mouthwatering’ - Great Taste Awards.
Gifts & Souvenirs
The York Gin shops stock a wide range of beautiful gifts and souvenirs including:
- York Gin gift sets - with three or six miniature bottles. The perfect memento of your trip to York or a wonderful gift for a friend
- York Gin bottle and glass sets - choose your flavour and glass emblazoned with the iconic York Gin logo
- Made-in-York upcycled products - including fridge magnets, key rings and gin racks for your kitchen
- Clothing - including T-shirts, caps and face covers
- Books - including the York Gin Book of Gin Jokes, Puns and Quotes
The York Gin online shop
If you can't make it into York, York Gin can come to you - our online shop has our full range of gins and gifts.
Free UK delivery
Get free UK delivery on orders over £45 when you shop online at yorkgin.com
Keep in touch
Get our email (with an immediate online discount code, monthly gin prizes and exclusive offers). Subscribe here
Phone: 01904 799000
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- One way system
- Online ordering only
- Open now
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Education/study area
- Guided tours for groups
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Smoking not allowed
- Shop Specialities
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Groups welcome