York Cocoa Works is a working, learning chocolate factory where visitors can see, eat and craft their very own chocolate using rare and flavourful cocoa beans sourced from farms and communities around the world. With the whole production process fully observable the company celebrate the origins of their ingredients and have a passion for reigniting the lost art of chocolate making in York.
Open Daily, 9am - 5.30pm, 7 Days a Week
Our full chocolate menu is available to purchase online for collection, delivery or takeaway.
Discover us online at www.yorkcocoahouse.co.uk
Within our chocolate manufactory is where we hand make all our single origin chocolate bars, truffles and hot chocolates. We spend lots of time innovating, experimenting and assessing the cocoa beans before turning them into our chocolate creations.
Through our windows you can see our chocolatiers bean sorting, roasting, winnowing, grinding and tempering our cocoa before turning them into the products you see sat in our chocolate shop.
The shop and online store retail a variety of products including our famous hot chocolates, truffles and single origin bars. Seasonal touches are added to the range throughout the year to reflect changing ingredients, occasions and to also showcase our product innovations.
We are delighted to be able to share our Chocolate Cakes and Treats baked fresh weekly and delivered to your door in York via our chocolate cycle delivery service or by post for further afield.
Our chocolate making kits and tasting sets for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. Discover our home kits today.
Our Cocoa Works café is a sweet haven for all chocolate lovers! Our menu offers a choice of luxurious seasonal drinking chocolates and handmade cakes served daily between 9.00am – 5.30pm. Why not book onto on of our chocolate indulgences? Enjoy an array of chocolate cakes and treats in the surrounds of our chocolate manufactory. This experience starts with a chocolate tasting followed by a chocolate drink of your choice and a selection of our handmade chocolate cakes.
Through the chocolate shop lies the Cocoa Academy, where our chocolatiers can often be found baking and creating innovative recipes that we’d love to share with you!
We have chocolate workshops at a range of different levels:
· Drop-in and make chocolate lollipops and chocolate bars
· Join us for a chocolate tasting workshop and discover our cocoa origins
· Learn specific skills with our Masterclass Series such as tempering, ganache, fondants and caramels
· Invest in our full day or weekend courses to gain an in-depth knowledge on the chocolate making process
Our Cocoa Academy is also available for a range of private events and we can cater for groups of all ages and abilities.
Gift Vouchers and indulgences can be purchased online or instore ahead of your visit. They can also be given as a gift and redeemed on a date of your choice. For reservations, we advise you use our booking system. Vouchers booked via our website will receive a booking code to use when making a reservation.
Open daily from 9am - 5.30pm
- Disabled toilets
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Clear signage
- Click and collect
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Delivery available
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Virtual menus
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours for groups
- Air conditioning
- Bar area
- Business support
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Mobile phone coverage
- Sole use of venue
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Guided tours for individuals
- Public toilets
- Groups welcome
- Coach parties accepted
- Cash accepted
- Locally sourced produce
- Private rooms
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Free WIFI
- Accept bank transfers
- Afternoon tea
- Children's menu
- Take away service