York Cocoa Works is a working, learning chocolate factory where visitors can see, eat and craft their very own chocolate using rare and flavourful cocoa beans sourced from farms and communities around the world. With the whole production process fully observable the company celebrate the origins of their ingredients and have a passion for reigniting the lost art of chocolate making in York.
Open Daily, 9am - 5.30pm, 7 Days a Week
Our full chocolate menu is available to purchase online for collection, delivery or takeaway.
Discover us online at www.yorkcocoahouse.co.uk
Join us at York Cocoa Works this May Half Term for chocolate-filled fun for all ages!
For the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, why not create a chocolate bar fit for a Queen? Discover more about the Queen’s love of chocolate and jubilee chocolate celebrations from past and present.
Chocolate lovers are invited to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee in style, with a Chocolate Indulgence, our take on an Afternoon Tea!
With the return of the Jorvik Viking Festival to the streets of York, pop into our Chocolate Cafe and create your own Viking Shield inspired lollipop treat!
Within our chocolate manufactory is where we hand make all our single origin chocolate bars, truffles and hot chocolates.
Through our windows you can see our chocolatiers bean sorting, roasting, winnowing, grinding and tempering our cocoa before turning them into the products you see sat in our chocolate shop.
Chocolate lovers and budding chocolatiers and chocolate makers are invited to join us for a Chocolate Workshop, Masterclass or Indulgence:
· Craft your own Chocolate Bar and learn how to temper chocolate.
· Drop into our Chocolate Cafe and create your own Chocolate Lollipop treat.
· Join us for a Chocolate Manufactory Tasting Journey to explore the factory, discover our cocoa origins and learn how we transform our cocoa into chocolate.
· Learn specific skills with our Masterclass Series such as tempering, ganache, fondants and caramels. We recommend beginning with our Introduction to Chocolate Masterclass.
Our Cocoa Academy is also available for a range of private events, such as birthday parties, corporate team building, schools workshops and hen parties, and we can cater for groups of all ages and abilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Open Daily 9.00am - 5.30pm, 7 days a week.
Visit our website to book
- 1m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Queuing system
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Virtual menus