An existing pub taken over by Wetherspoon, The Punch Bowl has been at the corner of Blossom Street and Nunnery Lane since 1770. The sign of the 'Punch Bowl' dates from the end of the 17th century, when it became the sign of the Whig party. Punch was the fashionable drink favoured by the Whigs, while the Tories preferred more traditional drinks, like claret and sack.
Please click HERE to see our website.
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Bar area
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)