Experience York's most luxurious address at The Grand, York, Yorkshire's only AA rated 5-star hotel. Housed in the former headquarters of the North Eastern Railway, the stunning Edwardian building retains much of his stunning architecture and original features with views of the York Minster and the city's ancient walls.
Following a recent £15m expansion in 2019, The Grand now boasts 207 luxury bedrooms, a White Rose Lounge, and The Rise Bar and Terrace Restaurant.
The luxury spa, housed in the atmospheric former vaults offers specialist treatments, an indoor pool, steam room, whirlpool and gym with complimentary access for Executive Rooms and above.
Built in 2019, The Cookery School at The Grand offers Express, Half- and Full-Day classes for leisure and corporate guests with over 40 different classes to choose from.
The Grand, York offers a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome for all guests, and is perfectly suited for leisure breaks, wedding, events and conferences.
With the recent COVID-19 updates and the issue becoming increasingly prevalent across the world, we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the well-being of our guests and employees remains our main priority. We will continue to adhere to all advice provided by the W.H.O and local authorities and are monitoring the situation daily.
As precautionary measures, our employees are taking extra steps during this time to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests, such as placing tables further apart in our restaurants and waiving tray charges for those guests who wish to dine in the comfort of their room.
CANCELLATION POLICY following Covid-19 advice
- Existing Reservations – All reservations, even those described as “non-cancellable” or Advanced Purchase, that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 4pm the day prior to scheduled arrival.
- If you have made a booking via Booking.com, Expedia/Hotel.com or any third-party website you MUST contact your provider to amend or cancel your booking.
- If you have made your booking directly with the hotel or through Secret Escapes, please contact the hotel directly.
- If you do not contact your provider or the hotel regarding a cancellation, this will be classified as a no-show which will incur charges.
- American Express accepted
- Christmas special programme
- Euros accepted
- Travel agent bookings
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Evening meals
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome
- Gym on site
- Health/beauty facilities onsite
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Sauna onsite
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Conference facilities
- On street/public parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Laundry/valet service
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Passenger lift
- Pet Friendly
- Television available
- Building of historical interest
- Coach parties welcomed
Offers at The Grand, York
The Grand, York
Afternoon Tea for Two at a reduced price of £50
As a huge thank you to all in York following the Covid-19 outbreak, we would like to offer Afternoon Tea for …