Stillingfleet Lodge Garden will be opening for the summer on Friday 2nd April 2021 until Sunday 3rd October.
Stillingfleet Lodge Garden offers a tranquil get-away from the hustle and bustle of life. A family garden that has been lovingly planted up over 40 years, it offers an oasis of calm, where you can sit by the pond and listen to birdsong and bees buzzing, wander through the wild flower meadow and enjoy the herbaceous border.
It is an organic garden managed to encourage the wildlife. Every June we hold a family-friendly wildlife day. You will learn to identify some of the wildlife in our garden, meet local wildlife experts and find out how to encourage more wild visitors to your own garden.
After your walk around the garden, relax with a drink and some local baked cake in the tea room which houses the work of local artists.
If you are passing by on a bicycle or car you are welcome to pop in for refreshments or visit the plant nursery without having to pay to go into the garden.
The plant nursery has over 600 different varieties of plants, many of which can be seen growing in the garden. This is a chance to buy a plant that you won’t find in the big garden centres.
We run a wide variety of workshops throughout the year. Some of these are practical gardening courses, such as vegetable growing and apple-tree pruning and others are arts and crafts courses using the garden for inspiration.
Full details and opening times are available on our website
- Staff are dementia aware
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Facilities for educational visits
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours for groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Groups welcome
- Coach parties accepted