Things to Do, Attractions, Family Friendly
North Yorkshire Moors Railway
The North Yorkshire Moor Railway is one of the world’s greatest heritage railway experiences with thrills and family fun at its heart. Climb on-board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction. Explore the Railway:-
- Pickering Station is a must-see 1930’s themed station that will transport you back in time to the steam era.
- Discover the North York Moors National Park and visit Levisham Station. Visit the Lamp Room on the station and the exhibition in the Box Van.
- A must-see is the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
- Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR. If you are lucky you might be able to catch a sneaky peek at the work taking place on our engines!
- Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.
Please check our website nymr.co.uk for the latest opening times, timetables, news, events and prices before visiting. There are toilets, baby-changing facilities and disabled access carriages.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway Trust is a not-for profit charitable organisation run as part of the local community. Day to day operation is carried out by volunteers with railway operations and business experience. Every visitor that travels on the railway helps preserve one of the earliest and most historic lines.
Trains run daily from 27 March to 5 November 2023
Services start from 0920 until 1800
See website and Timetable for full details.
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Wheelchairs available
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours for groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Venue approved for civil marriage
- Wedding planner available
- Wedding receptions
- Parking with charge
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Groups welcome
- Coach parties accepted