Ken Clarkson established Clarksons of York in 1946 originally as a Gents Tailor. Gradually, the range of menswear has expanded to Seidensticker shirts (available in a wide range of sizes hard to find in most stores today), fine luxury socks, Garforth flat caps, Cheaney shoes, Tootal silk scarves to high quality British made suits. Clarksons also commissions exclusive, limited edition ranges such as their Great Yorkshire Tweed jackets.
The shop is situated in buildings dating back to the 1500s with many of its original features, even a residence ghost! Current owner Andrew Hannon worked at Clarksons as a teenager and later bought the shop from Ken in 1991.
Click HERE to see our website.
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop