The Abbey Guest House provides high quality guest accommodation in a peaceful riverside location in the heart of York. Just a very short walk - along the river path or through the Museum Gardens - into the historic centre of York. For our best rates, you can check our availability and book direct here. We have five guest rooms with our front two rooms benefitting from fabulous river views. Cosy and calm with a neutral colour scheme, the bedrooms are perfect to relax and unwind in at the end of a busy day of sightseeing, shopping or simply meandering! Comfortable beds with white pure cotton bed linen, feather pillows and duvets will ensure a good night’s sleep. All guest rooms are en-suite with power showers and luxury Bath House toiletries.
The Abbey Guest House is temporarily offering stays on a Room Only basis.
As we are so very close to York City Centre, you are only a short stroll either along the River or through the Museum Gardens from York’s Cafes and Bars.
Once we are operating as a B&B again, our varied breakfast menu, freshly cooked to order, reflects the season and offers lighter options such as Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs or Pancakes as an alternative to the traditional English breakfast. Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free and Gluten Free diets catered for, please advise us on booking.
In the summer months, breakfast can be served on our south facing terrace, overlooking the River Ouse. Guests love to sit out on our bistro tables and bench in the garden enjoying the river views, and maybe a cup of tea or glass of wine.
Five minute walk from the train station, adjacent to Marygate public car park.
We love living here and enjoy helping our guests make the most of their time in York. With a great reputation for dining out, York is a foodies paradise - we can give you some great suggestions for the best places to eat in the city. Roots, Tommy Banks' York restaurant is just around the corner.
Please Contact Us if there is anything we can assist you with, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- 2m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks available for visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Meal times must be booked
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Room service available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Free WIFI
- On street/public parking
- Laundry/valet service
- Adult Exclusive
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
Offers at Abbey Guest House
Abbey Guest House
Free glass of wine per meal
Exclusive offer! Stay at the Abbey Guest House and receive a free glass of wine per meal when you dine at Amb…
National Railway Museum Conference Non-Residential Venue
As the nation comes together to deal with the threat of coronavirus, we have decided to close our museum to the public …