109 Nunnery Lane - A House of York holiday home is a cosy 3 bed historic cottage with a small courtyard by York's city walls that sleeps up to 6 people and starts at £100 per night (with discounts for longer stays). Lowest price guaranteed if you book direct www.houseofyork.org. We're a 10 min walk from the station & a 7 min stroll into York centre with its cultural, historic, gastronomic & shopping delights. In addition we are also just off ‘Bishy Road’ (voted Britain’s best high street) that’s full of fantastic independent shops, pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, delis and takeaways. Paid parking is available a 2 min walk away.
Prices start at £100 per night (with discounts for longer stays).
Contact us on +44 07407 177922 / 07407177922 or visit www.houseofyork.org. We guarantee the lowest price if you book direct as you will not incur the fees charged by online sites that can add up to 15% to the price.
CLICK HERE to check availability and book direct for 109 Nunnery Lane
CLICK HERE for our great Airbnb reviews for 109 Nunnery Lane
We are the perfect getaway for families couples or friends looking for a 5* luxury holiday cottage. All our guests are greeted with a home made cake and everything needed to make a good cuppa. If you are bringing little ones we have a high chair, cot and a variety of games and books available on request.
Having ourselves been frustrated with missing necessities we supply everything you need to make your stay as easy as possible from USB chargers in every room to Netflix and great shampoo. We hope this will take any of the stress out of your stay so you can focus on enjoying the house and magnificent York!
Internet: There is free high speed broadband wifi throughout the house.
Digital House Guide: You will receive an email a few days before your stay with a link to a digital guest book that will cover everything from how to work house appliances to the best local places to eat, drink and be merry.
Key Code Entry System: You will receive a code for the electronic lock a few days before you arrive.
Bike Storage: If you are bringing your bikes have a private secure court yard where you can store them.
Us: We are locals and will be available throughout your stay to help or share any local knowledge that you need to get the best from York.
The space in more detail
Once you enter the cottage from the main street you are greeted by a sense of calm and quiet, hang up your coats and hats in the hallway and head into the living room (or upstairs).
In advance of your stay you will be sent your own personal entrance code to the house. On entering you are greeted by a small entrance hall where you can hang up your coats and hats and head into the living room for the big reveal.
Living, dining & kitchen area
As you walk into the main living area and you will already start to feel at home as you notice:
- Our two comfy couches (one is a sofa bed) and a lovely leather arm chair
- A side board packed with books, board games to entertain adults and children
- A flat screen SMART TV with Netflix, Britbox and Freeview and a DVD player
- Complimentary freshly baked cakes, perfect with a drink after your journey
Wonder through to the kitchen and dining area (it's open plan) and you'll see you have everything you need to make proper family meals, picnics or to serve up a takeaway using:
- Complimentary coffee, teas, milk, sugar and sweetener
- All the cookware, crockery, glasses and mugs you could possibly need
- Electric oven and hob
- Large Smeg fridge/ freezer
- Washing up liquid, dishcloths, tea-towels and an easy to use dishwasher
Theres also a comfortable dining table that seats up to 5 next to the original tiled fire place.
At the back of the kitchen there's a laundry area with an easy to use washing machine and tumble dryer. A full size ironing board and iron is also available.
The door at the back of the kitchen takes you into your small but beautiful south-facing courtyard with a table and chairs that are perfect for pre-dinner drinks on a sunny day.
Take a trip upstairs and you will pass the bathroom before coming to the master bedroom where you'll love:
- Curling up with a drink and watching the world go by on the cozy window seats around the huge bay window
- Sinking into the king size bed that's pocket sprung mattress guarantees a great night’s sleep
- Generous drawers, wardrobe (with lots of hangers), mirror & dressing table
And if you've forgotten the essential hairdryer and straighteners theres some in the drawer!
Opposite bedroom 1 and next to the bathroom you will find this snug single bedroom which is a perfect room for child or adult. There is plenty of storage, and a lovely cast iron single bed by the original fireplace. And for our young visitors it has its own resident teddy!
Head upstairs and you will find bedroom 3, a quiet relaxing sanctuary bathed in natural light from Velux windows. This room has:
- A double bed with a pocket sprung mattress guaranteeing a comfy sleep
- A SMART TV with a Netflix, Britbox and Freeview
- A large wardrobe and draws
Head back down to the first floor and you will find the house bathroom with:
- A good-sized bath with side taps, so that you can lie back and relax
- A separate cubicle with a power shower
- A place to hang fluffy towels you will find in every bedroom
- A basin and mirror surrounded by shelf space for plenty of toiletries
- A toilet
- Children welcome
- Staff fluent in French
- Free WIFI
- On street/public parking
- Private parking
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed