107 Nunnery Lane - a House of York holiday home is a spacious, stylish 3 bed townhouse with its own basement cinema, game room and a small courtyard that sleeps up to 5 people. We pride ourselves on being couples and family friendly and we offer as much as we can to make your stay an enjoyable one. Prices start at £125 per night (with discounts for longer stays).
Contact us on +44 7407 177922 / 07407 177922. We guarantee the lowest price if you book direct at www.houseofyork.org as you will not incur the fees charged by online sites that can add up to 15% to the price.
CLICK HERE to check availability for 107 Nunnery Lane on airbnb
CLICK HERE for our great Airbnb reviews
After a fun day sight seeing you can have drinks in our sunny courtyard or chill out and watch a movie in our basement cinema. For the kids (or the young at heart) we even have a games room with table football.
All guests are greeted with freshly baked cake and everything needed to make a good cuppa. If you are bringing little ones we have a high chair, cot and a variety of games and books available on request.
We always make sure we supply the basics (having ourselves been frustrated by no dishwashing liquid or bin bags at rentals). We have USB charging ports in every room as well as cleaning equipment, store cupboard basics and the bathroom has soap, shower gel and shampoo. We try to take any of the stress out of your stay so you can focus on enjoying the house and magnificent York!
Internet: There is free high speed broadband wifi throughout the house.
Basement Cinema and Games room: You can watch movies and TV on the 75 inch SMART TV or play board games or table football.
Digital House Guide: You will receive an email a few days before your stay with a link to a digital guest book that will cover everything from how to work house appliances to the best local places to eat, drink and be merry.
Key Code Entry System: You will receive a code for the electronic lock a few days before you arrive.
Bike Storage: If you are bringing your bikes we have a private secure court yard where you can store them.
Us: We are locals and will be available throughout your stay to help or share any local knowledge that you need to get the best from York.
The space in more detail
Entrance and Hall
Once you enter the townhouse from the main street you are greeted by a sense of calm and quiet before heading into the living room (or upstairs).
Living, Dining & Kitchen Area
As you walk into the main living area you will see:
- Our two comfy couches and a lovely arm chair - A stunning wood burner with plenty of wood - Shelves and side boards packed with books and board games to entertain adults and children - A flat screen SMART TV with Netflix and over 200 Freeview channels - Complimentary freshly baked cakes, perfect with a drink after your journey
Wonder through to the kitchen and dining area (its open plan) and you'll see you have everything you need to make proper family meals, picnics or to serve up a takeaway. You will find:
- Complimentary coffee, tea, milk, sugar and sweetener - All the cookware, crockery, glasses and mugs you need - Toaster, kettle, teapot and coffee maker with ground coffee - Electric oven, hob and microwave - Large fridge/ freezer - Washing up liquid, dishcloths, tea-towels and an easy to use dishwasher - Dining table that seats 6 - USB charging points
There is also a comfortable dining table that seats up to 6 people and a high chair for babies (on request)
At the back of the kitchen there's a laundry area with: - An easy to use washing machine - A clothes drying rack - A full size ironing board and iron
Basement Cinema and Games Room
Open another door in the dining area and you can head down into the cellar where you will find a cinema room where you can curl up on the sofa and bean bags and watch your favourite TV show or movie on over 200 Freeview channels or Netflix. There is also a small games room with table football.
The door at the back of the kitchen takes you into a small but beautiful south-facing courtyard with a bench, table and chairs that are perfect for pre-dinner drinks on a sunny day.
Take a trip upstairs and you will pass the bathroom before coming to the double bedroom where you'll love:
- Sinking into the double bed with it's pocket sprung mattress that guarantees a great night’s sleep - Drawers, wardrobe (with lots of hangers), mirror and dressing table - USB charging points - Cot on request
Opposite bedroom 1 and next to the bathroom you will find a single bedroom with fitted drawers, a wardrobe, USB charging points and a lovely single bed by the original fireplace.
Head upstairs again to the attic and you will find bedroom 3, a quiet relaxing sanctuary bathed in natural light from 2 Velux windows. The room has a set of drawers and a clothes rail and if you've forgotten the essential hairdryer theres one in the drawer! Th room can be set up either as:
- a super king bed or - two single beds
When you book please advise us on how you would like the beds set up.
Throughout the bedrooms we provide high quality cotton sheets, two pillows per person and a comfortable duvet. We also provide two soft and fluffy Egyptian cotton towels per guest Bathroom
Head back down to the first floor and you will find the house bathroom with:
- A Japanese-style deep soaking tub where you can sit back and relax after a day of site seeing - A separate cubicle with a shower - A place to hang fluffy towels that you will find in every bedroom - A basin and mirror surrounded by shelf space for plenty of toiletries - A toilet - Underfloor heating - Baby bath on request
We suggest if you have a lot of bags, you initially park by the house to unload. The house is 107 Nunnery Lane and the postcode is YO23 1AH and there is 10 minute drop off parking on Spencer Street which is the first left immediately after the property.
You can then choose from:
A long stay York Council carpark a few minutes walk away. It is on Nunnery Lane (YO23 1AA). It is a large carpark and has lots of spaces. This costs £13 per day and you can pay in the carpark or though their mobile phone app.
A private car park a 2 minute walk away. This is a special deal we have negotiated and it costs £5 per day.
Electric vehicle charging
There is a number of electric and rapid electric charging points available in Nunnery Lane long stay car park which is a 2 minute walk away.
We are a 10 minute walk (or a 7 minute taxi ride) from York train station.
- Euros accepted
- Travel agent bookings
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Children welcome
- Children's indoor play area
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff fluent in French
- Free WIFI
- Games room onsite
- Secure cycle storage
- Electric car charging point
- Car Charging
- On street/public parking
- Private parking
- Pet Friendly
- Wood Burner
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed