Why York is the Most Photogenic City in the UK
Blog - Most Photogenic City - Header
Today York was named the most beautiful city to photograph in the UK by photo printing specialist CEWE, and we are not surprised at all!
From cobbled streets and iconic landmarks to new experiences and artworks on street corners, York is a gorgeous backdrop to any photo. Here are 10 photos of York everyone should have on their Instagram feed.
1. York Minster is a sight to behold
2. A panoramic view of the city from the top of the Clifford’s Tower – the only remaining part of York Castle
3. Shambles – the oldest shopping street in Europe and the inspiration for the film depiction of Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley. A truly magical shot!
4. A hidden gem of York Museum Gardens – ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey. You can also have a picnic right in the shade of this almost a thousand years old Benedictine abbey
5. Try a Fat Racal or an afternoon tea at Bettys Café Tea Rooms and snap a shot of this sweet goodness
6. Best view of the city from the top of York Minster’s Central Tower. You will need to take 275 steps to the top, but the view is worth it
7. “Gingerbread” houses just off King’s Square
8. Even on a rainy day you should not forget your camera. York is a sight on any day
9. Sunset from the Lendal Bridge
10. York Minster is visible from many corners of York. Explore the city and find your own secret street that shows a different angle of the mighty cathedral
Share your own #OnlyInYork experiences with us on Instagram and Twitter by using #OnlyInYork and tagging @VisitYork.