Visitor Information Centre
With over 500,000 visitors passing through the doors of the Visit York Information Centre each year, this provides an invaluable outlet to expose your business to half a million potential customers.
Visit York members benefit from the following opportunities:
- Free of charge leaflet racking for attractions, tours, shops and eateries
- Accommodation bookings charged at just 10%+ VAT commission
- Expert tourism staff providing face-to-face, email and telephone advise to half a million visitors each year on their behalf
- Briefings for front-line staff from our expert tourism team giving them an introduction to Visit York and the city
In addition, tourism businesses can boost their profile in the Visit York Information Centre with the following paid for opportunities:
- AV screen advertising – from £300 + VAT
- Ticket sales* – sell tickets through the Visitor Information Centre for your attraction, performance or tour – from 15% commission
* The Visit York ticket sales service is a popular option for tourism businesses looking for additional revenue on their traditional ticket sales.
New Currency Exchange Service
In partnership with No1 Currency, we've introduced a currency exchange service at the Visitor Information Centre, at 1 Museum Street. For guaranteed best rates with no commission, this is a great service you can push out to your customers. Please help us spread the word!
Pop Up Opportunity
Get added exposure for your business by displaying your pop-up roller banners in the award-winning Visit York Information Centre. With over half a million visitors coming through the centre each year, this is a flexible, low cost marketing opportunity available for those key times when driving extra traffic to your business is crucial.
Display your pop up in prime position of either the Blake Street entrance or Museum Street entrance – with a maximum of three pop-ups displayed in the centre at any one time so your message has maximum exposure.
Prices from £100 per pop-up banner per month. To book a slot, please contact our Visitor Centre Manager – either Suzy Johnson or Karen Gordon on 01904 550078 or email email@example.com