The USA now accounts for 18% of our total overseas visitors. With the USA ranking as our number 1 source market. We are active in this hugely important market for York, primarily via the travel trade both onsite and online. Targeted promotion and editorial coverage via VisitBritain and in key online travel sites such as Travel Pulse, plus ongoing familiarisation visits showcasing York & Beyond.
Marketing activity targeting the US market includes:
• Working with dedicated North American travel trade specialist Paull Tickner from Custom GB on North American trade and press activity including a weekly “Inside Track” newsletter to 1,300 hand-picked, experienced travel agents. The Unique Opening Rate on the current list is just over 20%.
• 12 editorials from the “Inside Track” will be added to the Ensemble Travel Group's extranet which means it will be available to 6,500 high quality US travel agents.
• Editorial programme & creation of bespoke itineraries for the international group
• Inclusion in the products being trialled at the Ensemble and National Association for Career Travel Agents (NACTA) conferences.
Key Account Management:
We now hold a US database of over 180 US operators and agents. We will be continuing to build up key accounts with top end operators.
• Key US operator Tauck are now running a 2 night programme to York for 2016 and 2017.
Future onsite activity:
New York Times Travel Show
27 – 29 January 2017
Taking Old York to New York!
This show is the place to be to meet both Tour Operators and consumers looking to plan their next culture seeking adventure. 500 exhibition booths, 100 cultural presentations from around the world and 20,000 trade professionals all in this three day event.
We will be attending this key US event with Visit Leeds and showcasing ITV's Victoria series which will be airing on PBS in January in the US. Making sure we show off key filming locations such as Castle Howard.
ITV’s drama series Victoria (2016), was the first production to film at Church Fenton Yorkshire Studios, following the early life of Queen Victoria. The luxurious rooms of Buckingham Palace are filmed inside the large scale studio space between York and Leeds, a former RAF base. The Queen’s residence is also played by the magnificent Castle Howard, a historic house which certainly isn’t camera shy. The series airs in January 2017 on ITV.
For more information on our marketing activity in the US, contact Elaine Moss, Senior Marketing Executive, Email: email@example.com Tel: 01904 554471.