Marketing activity targeting the US market includes:
• Working with dedicated North American travel trade specialist Paull Tickner from Custom GB on North American trade and press activity including a weekly “Inside Track” newsletter to 1,300 hand-picked, experienced travel agents. The Unique Opening Rate on the current list is just over 20%.
• 12 editorials from the “Inside Track” will be added to the Ensemble Travel Group's extranet which means it will be available to 6,500 high quality US travel agents.
• Editorial programme & creation of bespoke itineraries for the international group
• Inclusion in the products being trialled at the Ensemble and National Association for Career Travel Agents (NACTA) conferences.
Key Account Management:
We now hold a US database of over 180 US operators and agents. We will be continuing to build up key accounts with top end operators.
• Key US operator Tauck are now running a 2 night programme to York for 2017 and 2018.
New York Times Travel Show
27 – 29 January 2017
Taking Old York to New York!
Visit York and Visit Leeds took Yorkshire to New York. Meeting with tour operators and consumers planning their next culture seeking adventures. There were 500 exhibition booths, 100 cultural presentations from around the world and 20,000 trade professionals over this three day event.
We showcased ITV's Victoria series which aired on PBS in January in the US. Pointing out key filming locations such as Castle Howard, Newby Hall and York.
ITV’s drama series Victoria (2016), was the first production to film at Church Fenton Yorkshire Studios, following the early life of Queen Victoria. The luxurious rooms of Buckingham Palace are filmed inside the large scale studio space between York and Leeds, a former RAF base. The Queen’s residence is also played by the magnificent Castle Howard, a historic house which certainly isn’t camera shy.
For more information on our marketing activity in the US, contact Elaine Moss, Senior Marketing Executive, Email: email@example.com Tel: 01904 554471.
For all enquiries, please contact the Visit York Business Engagement Team:
Tel: 01904 554650 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org