With Germany coming in as York’s 4th largest international market, there are plenty of reasons to target this market, average length of stay, spend and product fit are strong factors. Holiday visits typically last from 4-7 days in UK. Visiting built heritage sites rates as one of the most popular activities undertaken, especially visiting castles and famous sites.
Marketing activity targeting the German market includes:
• Attendance at ITB Berlin – the world’s leading travel trade show - taking a pod on the Northern England stand to meet with key German agents and tour operators (9-13 March 2016). York will be represented along with Hull, Leeds and Durham.
• Brochure distribution at ITB, including Destination and Mini guides and YorkPass leaflets and a new piece of print to take to the show
• Dedicated trade newsletter
• York itinerary produced in German
• Working with carriers P&O Ferries, Leeds Bradford International Airport,(LBIA) Jet2 and key airlines to grow the number of German visitors
• Development of video footage in German for distribution to German operators.
• Coverage in VisitBritain’s quarterly enewsletter to the German travel trade
For more information on our marketing activity in Germany, contact Michelle Brown, Marketing Manager (Leisure), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01904 554456.