News release - Issued by York College
Having successfully completed a week of Professional Development in Seville as part of the European Project Erasmus Plus, York College Business, Hospitality & Tourism staff continue to develop international links with two further Erasmus+ projects approved by the European commission.
The first project involves a group of Business students and staff from York College in a two week work experience at the Guinness Enterprise Hub in Dublin during the Easter holidays. The group will participate in setting up a new social enterprise venture as part of a consortium including Wigan & Leigh College, New Huddersfield College and Homewood Sixth form College.
A further Erasmus+ project involves a collaboration between Health and Social Care and Hospitality staff and students. They will work with partners in Seville in Spain, exploring integrated Health and Social Care, diet and nutrition, looking at their impact on wellbeing and health. Under the Erasmus+ funding a team of Health and Social care will carry out CPD in Seville and meet with key players in the Health and Social Care sector of Seville and Andalusia in April 2016. In addition, two separate groups of students, with accompanying staff, will experience two weeks of vocational placements in Seville. These opportunities will take place in February 2016 and during Easter 2016. Placements will take place in nursing, care homes and social integration establishments to explore diet, nutrition and care in providing care for those in need. The project will link to units of the OCR Diploma in Health and Social Care and of the Diploma in Professional Cookery courses.
The Erasmus + projects create opportunities for the UK across Europe and in particular for York College students who will be at the forefront of vocational training, they will be able to embed the European citizenship in their development.
'As a way of fostering learning, York College values:
• all our students and their individual achievements
• the commitment and professionalism of our staff
• the highest standards in all that we do
• working together to meet the needs of our College and the wider community
• effective, efficient and appropriate use of resources
• respect, equality and honesty'
Facts About York College
• Graded Outstanding by Ofsted (December 2013)
• A major provider of education and training in the region
• 9,000 students enrolled (including 3,700 full-time students)
• York College provides education and training to 3,000 employers across the region
• Above national average for A Level results for 21 consecutive years
• In the top 10% of colleges for Level 3 achievement
• Matrix Award for the whole college
The safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults is fully embraced by all York College staff and underpins the college’s Values.
For all press and media enquiries, please contact our Communications Team:
Kay Hyde - Head of PR & Corporate Communications
Telephone : 01904 554451 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Parsons - Senior Communications Executive
Telephone : 01904 554436 | Email : email@example.com
NOTE: If you are a visitor or have a general enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 550099.