The York Marriott Hotel has been named as a finalist in the Business Tourism Award category of the prestigious VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013.
As a finalist York Marriott now goes forward to the glittering Awards Ceremony which is being held on 20 May 2013 at The Point, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford, Manchester.
The York Marriott Team will have to wait until then to find out which award they will receive. All finalists are guaranteed to receive either a Gold, Silver, Bronze or Highly Commended Award.
Commenting on the finalists James Berresford, VisitEngland’s Chief Executive said “I would like to congratulate all those nominated as VisitEngland Awards for Excellence finalists this year. We received 320 applications and the quality of submissions was higher than ever. It is therefore no small achievement for York Marriott to become a finalist and justifiably take credit and pride in earning a coveted place in the top five in their category in England. I wish everyone all the best for the final in May”.
The Business Tourism Award is being sponsored by Barclaycard.
“Barclaycard is delighted to sponsor the Business Tourism Award Category for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence this year. May we pass on our congratulations to York Marriott on becoming a finalist. We wish them every success at the Awards Ceremony on 20 May 2013”.
Speaking on behalf of York Marriott Hotel, General Manager Mark Leyland commented “Being selected as a finalist for the Business Tourism Award is a testament to our team who work tirelessly to deliver consistently first class conferences, events and group stays at our hotel. Our Management Centre is the perfect business environment for bookings small or large but it is without a doubt the warm, friendly and personable atmosphere the team delivers that make business tourism bookers come back to us time and again.”
York Marriott also embraces social media to keep in contact with the business community and you can follow them too searching for York Marriott on Facebook and @YorkMarriott on Twitter.
- Ends -
• Colin Swanston, Director of Sales, York Marriott Hotel
• T: 01904 770 629
• E: firstname.lastname@example.org
• VisitEngland is the country’s national tourist board. We work in partnership with the industry to develop the visitor experience across England, plan national tourism strategy, grow the value of tourism in England and provide advocacy for the industry and our visitors
• Our work is underpinned by robust research and customer insights. You can access the latest in-depth market intelligence and statistics on www.visitengland.org/insight-statistics
• For corporate information see www.visitengland.org and for consumer information see www.visitengland.com.
For all press and media enquiries, please contact our Communications Team:
Kay Hyde - Head of PR & Corporate Communications
Telephone : 01904 554451 | Email : email@example.com
Katie Parsons - Senior Communications Executive
Telephone : 01904 554436 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are a visitor or have a general enquiry, please email email@example.com or call 01904 550099.