News release - Issued by Energi Trampoline Park
Energi Trampoline Park and local charity Inspirational Kids teamed up last night to host a trampoline session for over 90 young people with additional needs from around York.
Guy Kilner, Director of Energi, said: “We are delighted to be working with a local charity who are doing amazing and inspirational work supporting the families of children with additional needs in our city.”
Parents, professionals and children themselves were invited to feedback on the session, and Energi will use this to design appropriate weekly sessions for both adults and children with additional needs across Yorkshire.
Ruth Thompson, Director of Inspirational Kids said: “It’s so refreshing to be consulted and listened to, and we’re all so excited to finally have somewhere in York that caters for our needs. We’re really looking forward to a long partnership with Energi Trampoline Park; allowing hundreds of families across York to reap the benefits of trampoline-based fun and exercise.”
Stephen Rouse, a local disability trampoline coach, said: “Having a trampolining session for people with disabilities or additional needs is a great opportunity to participate in a fun and enjoyable activity. Even simple movements on a trampoline can have a therapeutic benefit. It is great that York now has a trampoline park, that is clearly wanting to make their provision as inclusive as possible.”
Guy Kilner added: “We look forward to welcoming many families, adults and young people with additional needs to Energi Trampoline Park. By consulting experts, we are confident we’ll provide the perfect venue for people to have fun and stay active.”
Energi Friendly sessions will be announced on Energi’s website – www.energiyork.com – very shortly.
Notes to Editors
• For interviews, please contact Joe Gardham email@example.com 07551 008631
• Energi Trampoline Park York is located at 3 – 7 Rose Avenue, York Business Park, Nether Poppleton, York, YO26 6RU. For bookings and enquiries, visit www.energiyork.com or call 01904 360500
• Inspirational Kids is a York-based volunteer-led charity supporting over 400 families around York with a disabled child. Find out more about their work at www.keyworking.co.uk
• Stephen Rouse is Director of Choose 2 Youth, a non-profit social enterprise, which runs youth groups and activities for people with disabilities, across the city. Stephen is also a qualified trampoline coach, specialising in disability.
• Thursday night’s additional needs session at Energi Trampoline Park was attended by over 90 families from across York, plus observers from City of York Council, Applefields school, and Choose2 Youth Club.
• Since opening two weeks ago, Energi has been very busy with specific highlights including fully booked adults fitness sessions, sell out toddler sessions, 100 young people (12-17) attending the Friday night teen disco and hundreds of kid’s parties booked. Booking in advance is strongly recommended outside of school hours
For all press and media enquiries, please contact our Communications Team:
Kay Hyde - Head of PR & Corporate Communications
Telephone : 01904 554451 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Parsons - Senior Communications Executive
Telephone : 01904 554436 | Email : email@example.com
NOTE: If you are a visitor or have a general enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 550099.