News Release – Issued by Yorkshire Food Finder
Yorkshire Food Finder is giving food lovers the chance to “eat behind the scenes” of the city of York when it launches a city-licking new one-day trail next month.
Hubbed around Andrew Pern’s The Star Inn the City, the York Trail will offer visitors and all foodie fans the chance to delve into the gourmet nooks and crannies of the historic city like never before, with a peak at its best artisan food producers and the opportunity to get hands-on making chocolate, baking bread and blending coffee.
Launched to coincide with English Tourism Week – and backed by Visit York – Yorkshire Food Finder’s metropolitan taste trail kicks off in mid-April with visits to Guppy’s Chocolates and Puckett’s Pickles as well as a chance to make artisan loaves with Phil Clayton, of the Real Bread Campaign, at his Haxby Bakehouse, and learn how to roast coffee at York Coffee Emporium at Nether Poppleton – all culminating in a fabulous feast at the Star Inn the City, using the produce seen during the day.
“There’s a host of fabulous urban eats and skilled food producers that work within the confines of the city boundaries, and we’re delighted to be giving people the chance to delve into its delicious secrets,” says Yorkshire’s expert foodie and Flat Cap Cook, Sue Nelson, who runs Yorkshire Food Finder with husband Aidan.
“While we’ve been running tasty tours in Yorkshire’s rural hotspots for some time now, this is the first time we’ve organised a trail in the city, and we are honoured to be offering visitors the chance to eat behind the scenes of this flagship tourism destination.”
Kate McMullen, Head of Visit York, said, ‘We are proud of the fact that Yorkshire has more Michelin star restaurants than anywhere in the UK outside of London. But not only that we also have a host of smaller independent food entrepreneurs who are creating the most inventive and delicious foods, all from produce grown right here in Yorkshire. York is increasingly gaining in reputation as the top city destination for a gastro break and this fantastic new trail will offer a unique opportunity to go behind the scenes, watch local chefs at work and try out some recipes for themselves. It’s a brilliant idea and we’re confident it will generate lots of interest.’
• The York Trail will be available every other Tuesday throughout the year, starting in April. Each trail will begin with a late morning coffee at The Star Inn the City, before heading out on the road around the city environs. As with all its trails, Yorkshire Food Finder will provide transport for participants.
• The trail finishes back at The Star Inn the City around 5.30-6pm in readiness for a bespoke celebration meal prepared by the restaurant’s chefs.
• With her down-to-earth style and extensive food knowledge Flat Cap Cook Sue Nelson has become one of Yorkshire’s most respected foodies.
• She swapped the fast track for first class food when she left her job with the national rail network to set up her bespoke gourmet trail company, Yorkshire Food Finder, with husband and railway man Aidan Nelson. Both passionate regional food experts, Yorkshire Food Finder celebrates food provenance and the preservation of centuries’ old food skills and crafts.
• With a life-long passion for food and cookery (she has more than 1,300 cookery books collected over 30 years) Sue showcases everything from cheese making and charcuterie to brewing and baking in Yorkshire – taking trail blazers behind the scenes of foodie places they couldn’t ordinarily go to watch artisan producers at work. The trails start at £95 per person including transport, tour and either lunch or dinner and are ‘hubbed’ around a top restaurant with signature feasts by top Yorkshire chefs.
For more information, please contact:
Sue Nelson Aidan Nelson
Yorkshire Food Finder Yorkshire Food Finder
Mobile: 07850 327 927 Mobile: 07710 306 784
Office: 01904 448 439 Office: 01904 448 439
For media enquiries, please contact:
Absolutely Food PR & Marketing
T: 01347 810531 M: 07771 655756 www.absolutelyfood.co.uk
For all press and media enquiries, please contact our Communications Team:
Kay Hyde - Head of PR & Corporate Communications
Telephone : 01904 554451 | Email : email@example.com
Katie Parsons - Senior Communications Executive
Telephone : 01904 554436 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are a visitor or have a general enquiry, please email email@example.com or call 01904 550099.