School Group FAQ
Find out the answers to the most frequently asked questions about school trips to York.
Teachers will find that, between accommodation providers and attractions, York will offer:
• accommodation specifically designed for young people
• menus and meal times to suit all ages
• fully accessible accommodation so no child is left behind
• trained staff used to working with children
• comprehensive risk assessed accommodation and activities
• free leader places
• free pre-trip planning visits
• support in developing itineraries
Organising Your School Group’s Accommodation
Use our online directory of group accommodation in York to find the right school accommodation in York that best suits….
Tips For Making the Most of Your Visit
For schools looking to keep costs down, we recommend:
• Turn a 1 night trip into a 2 day visit by arriving early on day 1
• Choose the autumn or spring term to visit to get Full Board rates as low as £19.95 per person
• Travel by train, if possible. There are some great groups travel rates out there and York is small enough to explore on foot.
Need Some Inspiration?
Take a look at our themed school itineraries and take the stress out of organising your school group's visit in York.