York for Groups in 2014
Browse our 14 reasons to visit York in 2014 below & plan your group visit ahead. Contact our Group Travel Desk with any requests and we will be more than happy to help.
Looking for accommodation for your group? Let us take the weight of your shoulders and use our free accommodation finding service.
With its rich ancient history, romantic ambience and more visitor attractions within a square mile than anywhere else in the UK, York is the perfect destination for your next group visit.
14 Reasons to visit York in 2014!
1. 30th anniversary of JORVIK the Viking Centre and Festival in February
2. Revealing York Minster - see the amazing new Undercroft and Orb.
3. Explore the impact of war on Yorkshire's finest historic house in the 'Duty Calls - Castle Howard in Time of War' exhibition at Castle Howard
4. York's Chocolate Festival at Easter 2014
5. Follow the choctastic York Chocolate Trail and get your chocolate fix at York's CHOCOLATE Story
6. York Races from May to October 2014
7. Tour de France – Le Grand Depart from York 6 July 2014
8. York Early Music Festival 10-19 July 2014
9. York Mystery Plays on the waggons in July 2014
10. Launch of new WWI “When the world changed forever” exhibition at York Castle Museum Summer 2014
11. Annual Festival of Food & Drink 19-28 September 2014
12. Take a ghost walk in Europe's most haunted city.....
13. 10th anniversary of the Illuminating York Festival 2014
14. St Nicholas Fayre & Festival of Angels & Yorkshire Winter Wonderland at York Designer Outlet November/ December 2014
With hundreds of attractions, museums, historic buildings, tours, shops, restaurants and bars within the compact walled city there are many more reasons to visit and there is always something new for groups to discover.
York’s restaurant, pub and café scene is thriving and if you dare try out one of the evening ghost tours in the most haunted city in Europe!