Coach parking for York Christmas Festival weekends must be booked in advance (pre-booking isn’t required for mid-week apart from Thursday 24 and Friday 25 November).
Summary of options
- Park at Union Terrace, drop off passengers and wait for passengers to return. (Spaces at Union Terrace are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first served booking basis. These coaches can drive straight there and drop off, where we will also run a meet and greet service. Drivers can then remain parked here for the duration of the visit).
- Drop off at the Eye of York and parking at Moor Lane Car Park, returning later to the Eye of York to pick up. This coach parking area is easy for drivers to get to and has plenty of facilities on site. We also offer complimentary transport for drivers, who wish to visit the Festival.
At the drop off point and at coach parks all passengers will be met with a smile from a helpful, knowledgeable steward, who will give out maps and guides to York.
During the York Christmas Festival there is one single central drop-off point at the Eye of York, next to York Castle Museum, which is as close to the city centre as possible (N.B Coach drop off at the Eye of York is available for the Christmas Festival by pre booking only. It is strictly prohibited at any other time.)
Please note that other coach drop-off points around the city centre will be temporarily suspended as using these on such a busy time can disrupt the network and block key roads to essential services like the hospital.
For coach operators who plan to drop off guests at hotels which don’t have their own parking, please email email@example.com in advance of your visit for advice on applicable fees and to book your parking place, or telephone 01904 554564. The same advice applies for operators visiting for any other reason during the Festival period (eg school group visits).
The pricing structure for York Christmas Festival 2016 day parking is as follows:
- A flat rate £60 plus VAT per day fee (£72 in total) for each of the five weekends of the festival (note the weekend now begins on Sat 19 November)
- An early bird booking incentive of a flat rate fee of £50 plus VAT per day (£60 in total) will apply to each of the weekends of the festival (except 26/27 November). The early bird booking deadline is the 30th September
- Visits on weekdays will be at York’s usual coach parking rates (except Thursday 24 and Friday 25 November where the Christmas charges will apply)
- No administration charge
In recent years the York Christmas Festival has become extremely busy. To help create an even better and more comfortable experience for all of our visitors we would like to encourage more visits for the first, third, fourth and fifth weekends. We have therefore set an early bird booking incentive.